Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a life-threatening condition. It is necessary to stop the bleeding and preferably to treat the tumor as early as possible [
- Miyamoto M.
- Sudo T.
- Kuyama T.
Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma: a review of 172 Japanese cases.
Am J Gastroenterol. 1991; 86: 67-71
2]. We report here, probably for the first time, emergency radiofrequency ablation (RFA) as a palliative treatment for ruptured HCC.
- Zhu L.X.
- Wang G.S.
- Fan S.T.
Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Br J Surg. 1996; 83: 602-607
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hepatology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma: a review of 172 Japanese cases.Am J Gastroenterol. 1991; 86: 67-71
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma.Br J Surg. 1996; 83: 602-607
- The role of hepatic arterial embolization in the management of ruptured hepatocellular carcinoma.Clin Radiol. 1993; 48: 163-165
- Spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma of the caudate lobe.Anticancer Res. 2000; 20: 2223-2227
- Intraperitoneal hemorrhage from hepatocellular carcinoma: emergency chemoembolization or embolization.Radiology. 1991; 180: 647-651
- Successful surgical treatment for implanted intraperitoneal metastases of ruptured small hepatocellular carcinoma: report of a case.Surg Today. 1999; 29: 453-457
- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular cancer in 110 patients with cirrhosis.Ann Surg. 2000; 232: 381-391
- Radiofrequency ablation of the liver: current status.Am J Roentgenol. 2001; 176: 3-16
- Radiofrequency ablation lesions in a pig liver model.J Surg Res. 1999; 87: 114-121
© 2003 Published by Elsevier Inc.