Treatment with lamivudine (LAM) rapidly inhibits viral replication in most patients with chronic liver disease related to hepatitis B virus (HBV), but the development of drug-resistant viral mutants [
] limits its long-term effectiveness.
- Lagget M.
- Rizzetto M.
Treatment of chronic hepatitis B.
Curr Pharm Des. 2002; 8: 953-958
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hepatology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis B.Curr Pharm Des. 2002; 8: 953-958
- Successful hepatitis B vaccination in patients who underwent transplantation for hepatitis B virus-related cirrhosis: preliminary results.Liver Transpl. 2002; 8: 562-564
- Hepatitis B immunoglobulin discontinuation followed by hepatitis B virus vaccination: a new strategy in the prophylaxis of hepatitis B virus recurrence after liver transplantation.Hepatology. 2000; 31: 496-501
- Lamivudine treatment can overcome cytotoxic T-cell hyporesponsiveness in chronic hepatitis B: new perspectives for immune therapy.Hepatology. 2001; 33: 963-971
- Efficacy and limitations of a specific immunotherapy in chronic hepatitis B.J Hepatol. 2001; 34: 917-921
- Therapeutic vaccination in chronic hepatitis B.Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002; 17: 72-76
- Hepatitis B virus surface antigen and polymerase gene variants: potential virological and clinical significance.Hepatology. 1998; 27: 294-297
- Reduced antigenicity of the hepatitis B virus HBsAg protein arising as a consequence of sequence changes in the overlapping polymerase gene that are selected by lamivudine therapy.Virology. 2002; 293: 305-313
- The virological and clinical significance of mutations in the overlapping envelope and polymerase genes of hepatitis B virus.J Clin Virol. 2002; 25: 97
© 2003 Published by Elsevier Inc.