Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Zakim and Boyer hepatology.in: Boyer T.D. Wright T.L. Manns M.P. Hepatotoxicity of herbal preparations. 5th ed. US Saunders – Elsevier, Philadelphia2006: 551-560
- Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990–1997: results of a follow-up national survey.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1569-1575
- Traditional remedies and food supplements. A 5-year toxicological study (1991–1995).Drug Saf. 1997; 17: 342-356
- Herbal hepatotoxicity.J Hepatol. 2005; 43: 901-910
- High prevalence of potentially hepatotoxic herbal supplement use in patients with fulminant hepatic failure.Arch Surg. 2003; 138: 852-858
- Herbal medication: potential for adverse interactions with analgesic drugs.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2002; 27: 391-401
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine in patients with liver disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2002; 97: 2391-2397
- Chaparral-associated hepatotoxicity.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 913-919
- Hepatotoxicity of the herbal medicine germander: metabolic activation of its furano diterpenoids by cytochrome P450 3A Depletes cytoskeleton-associated protein thiols and forms plasma membrane blebs in rat hepatocytes.Hepatology. 1996; 24: 212-218
- Fatal fulminant hepatic failure induced by a natural therapy containing kava.Med J Aust. 2003; 178: 442-443
- Acute hepatitis associated with the Chinese herbal product jin bu huan.Ann Intern Med. 1994; 121: 729-735
- Pyrrolizidine alkaloids. Acute hepatitis associated with the use of a Chinese herbal product, ma-huang.Am J Gastroenterol. 1996; 91: 1436-1438
- Severe hepatotoxicity associated with the use of weight loss diet supplements containing ma huang or usnic acid.J Hepatol. 2004; 41: 1062-1064
- Severe hepatotoxicity associated with the dietary supplement LipoKinetix.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 590-595
- Hypersensitivity myocarditis associated with ephedra use.J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 1999; 37: 485-489
- The irony of herbal hepatitis: Ma-Huang-induced hepatotoxicity associated with compound heterozygosity for hereditary hemochromatosis.Dig Dis Sci. 2003; 48: 1925-1928
- Drug-induced immunotoxicity.Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 1998; 23: 443-451
- Herbal products for liver diseases: a therapeutic challenge for the new millennium.Hepatology. 1999; 30: 1099-1104
☆The authors who have taken part in this study declared that they do not have anything to disclose regarding conflict of interest with respect to this manuscript.