Abbreviations:GPRD (General Practice Research Database), CI (confidence interval), HR (hazard ratio), SD (standard deviation), PSC (primary sclerosing cholangitis)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: summary of a workshop.Hepatology. 2006; 44: 746-764
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis.Hepatology. 1999; 30: 325-332
- Incidence, clinical patterns, and outcomes of primary sclerosing cholangitis in South Wales, United Kingdom.Gastroenterology. 2004; 126: 1929-1930
- Incidence and prevalence of primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, and autoimmune hepatitis in a Norwegian population.Scand J Gastroenterol. 1998; 33: 99-103
- Incidence, clinical spectrum, and outcomes of primary sclerosing cholangitis in a United States community.Gastroenterology. 2003; 125: 1364-1369
- Validation of information recorded on general practitioner based computerised data resource in the United Kingdom.BMJ. 1991; 302: 766-768
- Further validation of information recorded on a general practitioner based computerized data resource in the United Kingdom.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 1992; 1: 347-349
- Validity and completeness of the General Practice Research Database for studies of inflammatory bowel disease.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2002; 11: 211-218
- Lung cancer and cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis. A population-based cohort study.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2000; 161: 5-8
- Mortality in inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based cohort study.Gastroenterology. 2003; 125: 1583-1590
- The relationship between time since registration and measured incidence rates in the General Practice Research Database.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2005; 14: 443-451
- Malignancy and mortality in people with coeliac disease: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2004; 329: 716-719
- Mortality associated with Barrett’s esophagus and gastroesophageal reflux disease diagnoses–a population-based cohort study.Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 2616-2621
- Hepatic overlap syndromes.J Hepatol. 2005; 42: S93-S99
- Co-existence of primary biliary cirrhosis and primary sclerosing cholangitis: a rare overlap syndrome put in perspective.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005; 17: 1077-1080
- Epidemiology of primary sclerosing cholangitis in Spain. Spanish Association for the study of the liver.J Hepatol. 1994; 21: 787-791
Barrison IG, Bramble MG, Wilkinson M, Hodson R, Fairclough PD, Willoughby CP, et al. Provision of endoscopy related services in district general hospitals: BSG Working Party Report 2001; 2001.
- The General Practice Research Database: quality of morbidity data.Popul Trends. 1997; 87: 36-40
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: a review of its clinical features, cholangiography, and hepatic histology.Gut. 1980; 21: 870-877
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: clinical presentation, natural history and prognostic variables: an Italian multicentre study. The Italian PSC study group.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1996; 8: 685-691
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: a long-term follow-up study.Scand J Gastroenterol. 1987; 22: 655-664
- Natural history and prognostic variables in primary sclerosing cholangitis.Gastroenterology. 1991; 100: 1710-1717
☆The authors declare that they do not have anything to disclose regarding funding from industries or conflict of interest with respect to this manuscript. J.W. is funded by a Department of Health Clinician Scientist Fellowship.