Abbreviations:LT (liver transplantation), MELD (Model for End-stage Liver Disease), CCr (creatinine clearance), SB (spontaneous bacteremia), SBP (spontaneous bacterial peritonitis), RVR (rapid virological response), EVR (early virological response), EOT (end of treatment response), SVR (sustained virological response), UTI (urinary tract infection), HE (hepatic encephalopathy), W (Week), HCV (hepatitis C virus), ALT (alanine aminotransferase), BR (biochemical response)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hepatology
- Hepatitis C virus kinetics during and immediately after liver transplantation.Hepatology. 2002; 35: 680-687
- HCV-related fibrosis progression following liver transplantation: increase in recent years.J Hepatol. 2000; 32: 673-684
- Hepatitis C recurrence is more severe after living donor compared to cadaveric liver transplantation.Hepatology. 2004; 40: 699-707
- The association between hepatitis C infection and survival after orthotopic liver transplantation.Gastroenterology. 2002; 122: 889-896
- Treatment of patients with hepatitis C virus on the waiting list.Liver Transpl. 2003; 9: S90-S94
- Antiviral therapy of patients with decompensated cirrhosis to prevent recurrence of hepatitis C after liver transplantation.J Hepatol. 2003; 39: 389-396
- Treatment of advanced hepatitis C with a low accelerating dosage regimen of antiviral therapy.Hepatology. 2005; 42: 255-262
- Treatment of decompensated viral hepatitis B-induced cirrhosis with low doses of interferon alpha.Liver. 1993; 13: 15-19
- A pilot study of the tolerability and efficacy of antiviral therapy in hepatitis C virus-infected patients awaiting liver transplantation.Liver Transpl. 2002; 8: 350-355
- Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in patients with hepatitis C virus and decompensated cirrhosis: a controlled study.J Hepatol. 2007; 46: 206-212
- Primary prophylaxis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis delays hepatorenal syndrome and improves survival in cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2007; 133: 818-824
- Antiviral therapy in HCV decompensated cirrhosis: to treat or not to treat?.J Hepatol. 2007; 46: 185-188
- Bacterial infections in cirrhosis: epidemiological changes with invasive procedures and norfloxacin prophylaxis.Hepatology. 2002; 35: 140-148
- Diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis: a consensus document. International Ascites Club.J Hepatol. 2000; 32: 142-153
- High incidence of allograft cirrhosis in hepatitis C virus genotype 1b infection following transplantation: relationship with rejection episodes.Hepatology. 1999; 29: 250-256
- Natural history of clinically compensated hepatitis C virus-related graft cirrhosis after liver transplantation.Hepatology. 2000; 32: 852-858
- Natural history and management of hepatitis C infection after liver transplantation.Semin Liver Dis. 2004; 24: 79-88
- Systematic review of the treatment of established recurrent hepatitis C with pegylated interferon in combination with ribavirin.J Hepatol. 2008; 49: 274-287
- Clinical benefits of antiviral therapy in patients with recurrent hepatitis C following liver transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2008; 8: 679-687
- Efficacy of antiviral therapy on hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantation: a randomized controlled study.Gastroenterology. 2007; 132: 1746-1756
- Interferon-alpha 2b plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C after liver transplantation: a randomized study.Gastroenterology. 2003; 124: 642-650
- Antiviral treatment of recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantation: the need for a multifaceted approach.Hepatology. 2005; 41: 436-438
Samuel D, Forns X, Berenguer M, Trautwein C, Burroughs A, Rizzetto M, et al. Report of the monothematic EASL conference on liver transplantation for viral hepatitis (Paris, France, January 12–14, 2006). J Hepatol 2006;45:127–43.
- Treatment of posttransplantation recurrence of hepatitis C with interferon and ribavirin: lessons on tolerability and efficacy.Liver Transpl. 2002; 8: 623-629
Ramirez S, Massaguer A, Carrion JA, Costa J, Sanchez-Tapias J, Fontdevila C, et al. Hepatitis C virus compartmentalization and infection recurrence after liver transplantation J Hepatol 2007[Abstract];46:S16.
- Bacterial infections in cirrhosis.Liver Int. 2004; 24: 277-280
- Bacterial translocation of enteric organisms in patients with cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2001; 34: 32-37
- Increased susceptibility to bacterial superinfection as a consequence of innate antiviral responses.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2006; 103: 15535-15539
☆X.F. has unrestricted grant support from Schering-Plough and Roche. The authors who have taken part in the research of this paper declared that they did not receive funding from the manufacturers of the drugs involved for this study.