Background & Aims
Abbreviations:HCV (hepatitis C virus), PegIFN (pegylated interferon), RBV (ribavirin), SVR (sustained virologic response), DAAs (direct-acting antiviral agents), PIs (protease inhibitors), BID (twice daily), QD (once daily), LLOQ (lower limit of quantification), RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction), BLAST (basic local alignment search tool), EC50 (half maximal effective concentration), FC (fold changes), Cmin (minimum plasma concentration (TMC435 plasma exposure))
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hepatology
- Evolving epidemiology of hepatitis C virus.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011; 17: 107-115
- Consensus proposals for a unified system of nomenclature of hepatitis C virus genotypes.Hepatology. 2005; 42: 962-973
- The neglected hepatitis C virus genotypes 4, 5 and 6: an international consensus report.Liver Int. 2010; 30: 342-355
- Diagnosis, management, and treatment of hepatitis C: an update.Hepatology. 2009; 49: 1335-1374
- Boceprevir for previously treated chronic HCV genotype 1 infection.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1207-1217
- Boceprevir for untreated chronic HCV genotype 1 infection.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1195-1206
- Telaprevir for previously untreated chronic hepatitis C virus infection.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2405-2416
- Telaprevir for retreatment of HCV infection.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2417-2428
- A new standard of care for the treatment of chronic HCV infection.Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011; 8: 257-264
Benhamou Y, Moussalli J, Ratziu V, et al. Results of a proof of concept study (C210) of telaprevir monotherapy and in combination with peginterferon alfa-2A and ribavirin in treatment-naive genotype 4 HCV patients. Poster Presented at the 44th annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver, Copenhagen, Denmark, 22 April, 2009.
- Genotype differences in susceptibility and resistance development of hepatitis C virus to protease inhibitors telaprevir (VX-950) and danoprevir (ITMN-191).Hepatology. 2011; 53: 1090-1099
- Telaprevir alone or with peginterferon and ribavirin reduces HCV RNA in patients with chronic genotype 2 but not genotype 3 infections.Gastroenterology. 2011; 141: 881-889
- HCV research and anti-HCV discovery: toward the next generation.Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2007; 59: 1196-1199
- Differential efficacy of protease inhibitors against HCV genotypes 2a, 3a, 5a, and 6a NS3/4A protease recombinant viruses.Gastroenterology. 2011; 141: 1067-1079
Gane EJ, Stedman CA, Hyland RH, Sorensen RD, Symonds RD, Hindes R, et al. Once Daily PSI-7977 plus RBV: pegylated interferon-Alfa not required for complete rapid viral response in treatment-naive patients with HCV GT2 or GT3 (abstract 34). In: American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD), San Francisco, CA, USA, 4–8 November, 2011.
- Mapping natural polymorphisms of hepatitis C virus NS3/4A protease and antiviral resistance to inhibitors in worldwide isolates.Antivir Ther. 2008; 13: 481-494
- An NS3 protease inhibitor with antiviral effects in humans infected with hepatitis C virus.Nature. 2003; 426: 186-189
- Antiviral efficacy of NS3-serine protease inhibitor BILN-2061 in patients with chronic genotype 2 and 3 hepatitis C.Hepatology. 2005; 41: 832-835
- Sensitivity of NS3 serine protease from hepatitis C virus genotypes 2 and 3 to the inhibitor BILN 2061.J Virol. 2004; 78: 7352-7359
- Impact of naturally occurring variants of HCV protease on the binding of different classes of protease inhibitors.Biochemistry. 2006; 45: 1353-1361
Silva M, Kasserra C, Gupta S, Treitel M, Hughes E, O’Mara E. antiviral activity of boceprevir monotherapy intreatment-naive subjects with chronic hepatitis c genotype 2/3 (abstract). In: 21st Conference of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver, Bangkok, Thailand, February 17–20, 2011.
Fried MW, Buti M, Dore GJ, Flisiak R, Ferenci P, Jacobson I, et al. TMC435 in combination with peginterferon and ribavirin in treatment-naïve HCV genotype 1 patients: final analysis of the PILLAR phase IIb study (abstract). In: American association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD), San Francisco, CA, USA, 4–8 November, 2011.
- Rapid viral response of once-daily TMC435 plus peginterferon/ribavirin in hepatitis C genotype-1 patients: a randomized trial.Antivir Ther. 2011; 16: 1021-1033
Zeuzem S, Berg T, Gane E, Ferenci P, Foster GR, Fried MW, et al. TMC435 with peginterferon and ribavirin in treatment-experienced HCV genotype 1 patients: the ASPIRE study, a randomised Phase IIb trial (abstract A-455-0022-00482). In: Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), Barcelona, Spain, April 18–22, 2012.
- Antiviral activity of TMC435 monotherapy in patients infected with HCV genotypes 2–6: TMC435-C202, a randomised, phase IIa, open-label study.J Hepatol. 2012; 56: 1247-1253
- In vitro resistance profile of the hepatitis C virus NS3/4A protease inhibitor TMC435.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010; 54: 1878-1887
- Viral resistance to specifically targeted antiviral therapies for hepatitis C (STAT-Cs).J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010; 65: 202-212
- Hepatitis C virus: how genetic variability affects pathobiology of disease.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011; 26: 83-95
- Induced-fit binding of the macrocyclic noncovalent inhibitor TMC435 to its HCV NS3/NS4A protease target.Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2010; 49: 1652-1655
- NS3 protease polymorphism and natural resistance to protease inhibitors in French patients infected with HCV genotypes 1–5.Antivir Ther. 2011; 16: 1093-1102
- Analyses of genotype 2/3 HCV variants in patients treated with telaprevir in study C209 showed that the telaprevir resistance profile appears to be consistent across genotypes.Antivir Ther. 2010; 15 (Abs A118)