Basic properties of HLA-G
- Montespan F.
- Deschaseaux F.
- Sensebe L.
- Carosella E.D.
- Rouas-Freiss N.
Factors involved in HLA-G liver expression
HLA-G in the normal liver
HLA-G and liver cancer
HLA-G and viral hepatitis
HLA-G and hepatotropic parasite infections
HLA-G and liver failure
HLA-G and autoimmune hepatic diseases
HLA-G and liver transplantation
HLA-G and graft vs. host response
- Le Maux A.
- Noel G.
- Birebent B.
- Grosset J.M.
- Vu N.
- De Guibert S.
- et al.
- Le Maux A.
- Noel G.
- Birebent B.
- Grosset J.M.
- Vu N.
- De Guibert S.
- et al.
Conflict of interest
- A human major histocompatibility complex class I gene that encodes a protein with a shortened cytoplasmic segment.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987; 84: 9145-9149
- A class I antigen, HLA-G, expressed in human trophoblasts.Science. 1990; 248: 220-223
- Expression of HLA-G in human cornea, an immune-privileged tissue.Hum Immunol. 2003; 64: 1039-1044
- HLA-G in the human thymus: a subpopulation of medullary epithelial but not CD83(+) dendritic cells expresses HLA-G as a membrane-bound and soluble protein.Int Immunol. 1999; 11: 889-898
- The liver as an immunological organ.Hepatology. 2006; 43: S54-S62
- Differential transcript profiles of MHC class Ib(Qa-1, Qa-2, and Qa-10) and Aire genes during the ontogeny of thymus and other tissues.J Immunol Res. 2014; 2014: 159247
- HLA-G functions as a restriction element and a transplantation antigen in mice.Int Immunol. 1997; 9: 645-653
- Chromosomal organization of the human major histocompatibility complex class I gene family.J Exp Med. 1989; 169: 469-480
- Implications of the polymorphism of HLA-G on its function, regulation, evolution and disease association.Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011; 68: 369-395
- Transcriptional regulation of the MHC class Ib genes HLA-E, HLA-F, and HLA-G.Hum Immunol. 2000; 61: 1102-1107
- HLA-G molecules: from maternal-fetal tolerance to tissue acceptance.Adv Immunol. 2003; 81: 199-252
- A soluble form of the HLA-G antigen is encoded by a messenger ribonucleic acid containing intron 4.J Immunol. 1994; 153: 5516-5524
- Identification of HLA-G7 as a new splice variant of the HLA-G mRNA and expression of soluble HLA-G5, -G6, and -G7 transcripts in human transfected cells.Hum Immunol. 2000; 61: 1138-1149
- Disulfide bond-mediated dimerization of HLA-G on the cell surface.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002; 99: 16180-16185
- Efficient leukocyte Ig-like receptor signaling and crystal structure of disulfide-linked HLA-G dimer.J Biol Chem. 2006; 281: 10439-10447
- The truncated cytoplasmic tail of HLA-G serves a quality-control function in post-ER compartments.Immunity. 2001; 15: 213-224
- Identification of a thymic epithelial cell subset sharing expression of the class Ib HLA-G molecule with fetal trophoblasts.J Exp Med. 1997; 186: 289-298
- Immunology of the human nail apparatus: the nail matrix is a site of relative immune privilege.J Invest Dermatol. 2005; 125: 1139-1148
- Erythroblasts secrete the nonclassical HLA-G molecule from primitive to definitive hematopoiesis.Blood. 2004; 104: 3153-3160
- Osteodifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow and adipose tissue express HLA-G and display immunomodulatory properties in HLA-mismatched settings: implications in bone repair therapy.J Immunol Res. 2014; 2014: 230346
- Detection of HLA-G5 secreting cells.Hum Immunol. 2003; 64: 1017-1024
- Soluble HLA-G protein secreted by allo-specific CD4+ T cells suppresses the allo-proliferative response: a CD4+ T cell regulatory mechanism.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001; 98: 12150-12155
- Soluble HLA-G molecules are increased in lymphoproliferative disorders.Hum Immunol. 2003; 64: 1093-1101
- The immunosuppressive molecule HLA-G and its clinical implications.Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2012; 49: 63-84
- IL-10 selectively induces HLA-G expression in human trophoblasts and monocytes.Int Immunol. 1999; 11: 803-811
- Soluble HLA-G molecules increase during acute leukemia, especially in subtypes affecting monocytic and lymphoid lineages.Neoplasia. 2006; 8: 223-230
- Cytokine regulation of HLA-G expression in human trophoblast cell lines.J Reprod Immunol. 1995; 29: 179-195
- Hypoxia modulates HLA-G gene expression in tumor cells.Hum Immunol. 2007; 68: 277-285
- Linking two immuno-suppressive molecules: indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase can modify HLA-G cell-surface expression.Biol Reprod. 2005; 73: 571-578
- Expression of HLA class I antigens on hepatocytes in liver disease.Am J Pathol. 1986; 123: 264-270
- Class I and class II major histocompatibility complex antigens on hepatocytes: importance of the method of detection and expression in histologically normal and diseased livers.J Clin Pathol. 1991; 44: 107-114
- Immunomodulatory properties of HLA-G in infectious diseases.J Immunol Res. 2014; 2014: 298569
- A common inhibitory receptor for major histocompatibility complex class I molecules on human lymphoid and myelomonocytic cells.J Exp Med. 1997; 186: 1809-1818
- Aberrant human leucocyte antigen-G expression and its clinical relevance in hepatocellular carcinoma.J Cell Mol Med. 2010; 14: 2162-2171
- Binding of HLA-G to ITIM-bearing Ig-like transcript 2 receptor suppresses B cell responses.J Immunol. 2014; 192: 1536-1546
- Soluble HLA-A, -B, -C, and -G molecules induce apoptosis in T and NK CD8+ cells and inhibit cytotoxic T cell activity through CD8 ligation.Eur J Immunol. 2003; 33: 125-134
- KIR2DL4 (CD158d), an NK cell-activating receptor with inhibitory potential.J Immunol. 2002; 168: 6208-6214
- Human myelomonocytic cells express an inhibitory receptor for classical and nonclassical MHC class I molecules.J Immunol. 1998; 160: 3096-3100
- Human leukocyte antigen-G, a new parameter in the follow-up of liver transplantation.Transplant Proc. 2006; 38: 571-574
- Exocytosis acts as a modulator of the ILT4-mediated inhibition of neutrophil functions.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013; 110: 17957-17962
- Soluble HLA-G1 inhibits angiogenesis through an apoptotic pathway and by direct binding to CD160 receptor expressed by endothelial cells.Blood. 2006; 108: 2608-2615
- The HLA-G gene is expressed at a low mRNA level in different human cells and tissues.Hum Immunol. 1994; 41: 79-86
- Difference in gene expression between human fetal liver and adult bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells.Haematologica. 2005; 90: 1017-1026
- Immunogenicity and immunomodulatory properties of hepatocyte-like cells derived from human amniotic epithelial cells.Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013; 8: 91-99
- Human amniotic epithelial cell transplantation induces markers of alternative macrophage activation and reduces established hepatic fibrosis.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e38631
- RNA interfering targeting human leukocyte antigen-G enhanced immune surveillance mediated by the natural killer cells on hepatocellular carcinoma.Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2013; 43: 135-144
- HLA-G upregulation in pre-malignant and malignant lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.Int J Gastrointest Cancer. 2005; 35: 15-23
- Human leukocyte antigen-G protein expression is an unfavorable prognostic predictor of hepatocellular carcinoma following curative resection.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 4686-4693
- Expression of HLA-G in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2011; 10: 158-163
- Association of HLA-G 3′ UTR 14-bp insertion/deletion polymorphism with hepatocellular carcinoma susceptibility in a Chinese population.DNA Cell Biol. 2011; 30: 1027-1032
- Liver HLA-G expression is associated with multiple clinical and histopathological forms of chronic hepatitis B virus infection.J Viral Hepat. 2011; 18: 102-105
- Upregulation of soluble and membrane-bound human leukocyte antigen G expression is primarily observed in the milder histopathological stages of chronic hepatitis C virus infection.Hum Immunol. 2012; 73: 258-262
- Human mast cells activate fibroblasts: tryptase is a fibrogenic factor stimulating collagen messenger ribonucleic acid synthesis and fibroblast chemotaxis.J Immunol. 1997; 158: 2310-2317
- IL-33 can promote survival, adhesion and cytokine production in human mast cells.Lab Invest. 2007; 87: 971-978
- Expression of HLA-G by mast cells is associated with hepatitis C virus-induced liver fibrosis.J Hepatol. 2014; 60: 245-252
- Plasma soluble human leukocyte antigen-G expression is a potential clinical biomarker in patients with hepatitis B virus infection.Hum Immunol. 2011; 72: 1068-1073
- Elevation of plasma soluble human leukocyte antigen-G in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection.Hum Immunol. 2011; 72: 406-411
- Elevated levels of soluble non-classical major histocompatibility class I molecule human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-G in the blood of HIV-infected patients with or without visceral leishmaniasis.Clin Exp Immunol. 2007; 147: 236-240
- Proceedings of the International Symposium.Parasite. 2014; 21: 28
- Soluble human leukocyte antigen-G5 in septic shock: marked and persisting elevation as a predictor of survival.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1942-1947
- Detection of HLA-G in serum and graft biopsy associated with fewer acute rejections following combined liver-kidney transplantation: possible implications for monitoring patients.Hum Immunol. 2003; 64: 1033-1038
- Expression of soluble HLA-G identifies favorable outcomes in liver transplant recipients.Transplantation. 2010; 90: 1000-1005
- Immunoregulatory profiles in liver transplant recipients on different immunosuppressive agents.Hum Immunol. 2009; 70: 146-150
- HLA-G level on monocytoid dendritic cells correlates with regulatory T-cell Foxp3 expression in liver transplant tolerance.Transplantation. 2011; 91: 1132-1140
- Upregulation of HLA-G in JEG-3 cells by dexamethasone and hydrocortisone.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012; 285: 7-14
- Everolimus but not mycophenolate mofetil therapy is associated with soluble HLA-G expression in heart transplant patients.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009; 28: 1193-1197
- Soluble human leukocyte antigen G molecule expression in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: good predictor of acute graft-versus-host disease.Acta Haematol. 2013; 130: 160-168
- Soluble human leucocyte antigen-G molecules in peripheral blood haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a specific role to prevent acute graft-versus-host disease and a link with regulatory T cells.Clin Exp Immunol. 2008; 152: 50-56
- Capacity of myeloid and plasmacytoid dendritic cells especially at mature stage to express and secrete HLA-G molecules.J Leukoc Biol. 2004; 76: 1125-1133
- Human leukocyte antigen-G expression after heart transplantation is associated with a reduced incidence of rejection.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1949-1954
- Soluble HLA-G in heart transplantation: their relationship to rejection episodes and immunosuppressive therapy.Hum Immunol. 2006; 67: 257-263
- Human leukocyte antigen-G (HLA-G) expression in biliary epithelial cells is associated with allograft acceptance in liver-kidney transplantation.J Hepatol. 2003; 39: 587-594
- Human leukocyte antigen-G expression after kidney transplantation is associated with a reduced incidence of rejection.Transpl Immunol. 2008; 18: 361-367
- Soluble human leukocyte antigen-G in pediatric renal transplantation.Transplantation. 2011; 92: e1-e2
- Immunohistochemical study of HLA-G expression in lung transplant recipients.Am J Transplant. 2009; 9: 1427-1438
- CD3+CD4low and CD3+CD8low are induced by HLA-G: novel human peripheral blood suppressor T-cell subsets involved in transplant acceptance.Blood. 2007; 110: 3936-3948
- Rapid increase of interleukin-10 plasma levels after combined auxiliary liver-kidney transplantation in presensitized patients.Transplantation. 2014; 98: 208-215
- Systemic release of interleukin-10 during orthotopic liver transplantation.Hepatology. 1994; 20: 889-892
- Exchanges of membrane patches (trogocytosis) split theoretical and actual functions of immune cells.Hum Immunol. 2007; 68: 240-243
- HLA-G is a potential tumor marker in malignant ascites.Clin Cancer Res. 2003; 9: 4460-4464
- Synthetic HLA-G proteins for therapeutic use in transplantation.FASEB J. 2013; 27: 3643-3651
- Role of HLA-G in tumor escape through expansion of myeloid-derived suppressor cells and cytokinic balance in favor of Th2 versus Th1/Th17.Blood. 2011; 117: 7021-7031
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy