Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The global decrease in cancer mortality: trends and disparities.Ann Oncol. 2016; 27: 926-933
- Trends in mortality from primary liver cancer in Europe.Eur J Cancer. 2000; 36: 909-915
- Hepatocellular carcinoma epidemiology.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2014; 28: 753-770
- Cancer mortality in Europe, 2005–2009, and an overview of trends since 1980.Ann Oncol. 2013; 24: 2657-2671
- Trends in mortality from hepatocellular carcinoma in Europe, 1980–2004.Hepatology. 2008; 48: 137-145
- The global burden of viral hepatitis from 1990 to 2013: findings from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2016; 388: 1081-1088
- Alcohol and liver cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1526-1535
- Liver cancer: descriptive epidemiology and risk factors other than HBV and HCV infection.Cancer Lett. 2009; 286: 9-14
- Coffee and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma and chronic liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2016; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Nutrient intake and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in Italy.Eur J Cancer. 2007; 43: 2381-2387
- Inflammatory potential of diet and risk for hepatocellular cancer in a case-control study from Italy.Br J Nutr. 2016; 115: 324-331
- Mediterranean diet and hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatol. 2014; 60: 606-611
World Health Organization Statistical Information System. WHO mortality database. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2014. [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Sep 20]. Available from: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/statistics/mortality_rawdata/en/index.html.
- International Classification of Disease: 9th revision.World Health Organization, Geneva1977
- International Statistical Classification of Disease and related Health Problems: 10th revision.World Health Organization, Geneva1992
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). Health Statistics from the Americas, 2006 Edition, Chapter VI, 2-20. [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Sep 20]. Available from: http://www.paho.org/English/DD/AIS/HSA2006.htm.
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). Regional Core Health Data Initiative. Table Generator System. [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Sep 20]. Available from: http://www.paho.org/English/SHA/coredata/tabulator/newTabulator.htm.
- Comparison between registries: age-standardized rates. Vol. IV. IARC Sci Publ No. 42..in: Waterhouse J.A.H. Muir C.S. Shanmugaratnam K. Powell J. Peacham D. Whelan S. Cancer incidence in five continents. IARC, Lyon1982: 671-675
- Permutation tests for joinpoint regression with applications to cancer rates. (Erratum. In: Stat Med 2001;20: 655).Stat Med. 2000; 19: 335-351
National Cancer Institute. Joinpoint Regression Program, version 4.1. [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Mar 10]. Available from: http://srab.cancer.gov/joinpoint/.
- Estimating average annual per cent change in trend analysis.Stat Med. 2009; 28: 3670-3682
- Linear Models with R. Texts in statistical science. Vol. 63.. Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton2005
US Census Bureau. 2014 National Population Projections. [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Oct 15]. Available from: http://www.census.gov/population/projections/data/national/2014.html.
European Commission. Eurostat population database. [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Oct 15]. Available from: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/portal/page/portal/population/data/database.
Research NIoPaSS. Japanese National Institute of Population and Social Security Research. [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Oct 15]. Available from: http://www.ipss.go.jp/index-e.asp.
- Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, 1975–2012, featuring the increasing incidence of liver cancer.Cancer. 2016; 122: 1312-1337
- Cancer statistics in China, 2015.CA Cancer J Clin. 2016; 66: 115-132
- Metabolic syndrome and hepatocellular carcinoma risk.Br J Cancer. 2013; 108: 222-228
- Comparison of hepatocellular carcinoma in Eastern vs. Western populations.Cancer. 2016; 122: 3430-3446
- Cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking, hepatitis B, and risk for hepatocellular carcinoma in Korea.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 1851-1856
- Attributable risks for hepatocellular carcinoma in northern Italy.Eur J Cancer. 1997; 33: 629-634
- Hepatitis viruses, alcohol, and tobacco in the etiology of hepatocellular carcinoma in Italy.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006; 15: 683-689
- Population-attributable fractions of risk factors for hepatocellular carcinoma in the United States.Am J Gastroenterol. 2013; 108: 1314-1321
- Attributable causes of liver cancer mortality and incidence in china.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013; 14: 7251-7256
- Dramatic reduction of liver cancer incidence in young adults: 28 year follow-up of etiological interventions in an endemic area of China.Carcinogenesis. 2013; 34: 1800-1805
- Primary liver cancer: natural toxins and prevention in China.J Toxicol Sci. 1998; 23: 143-147
- Population attributable risk of aflatoxin-related liver cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Cancer. 2012; 48: 2125-2136
- Changing epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma in Asia.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2015; 29: 919-928
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan.J Gastroenterol. 2009; 44: 102-107
- Emerging trends in hepatocellular carcinoma incidence and mortality.Hepatology. 2015; 61: 191-199
- Incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in all 50 United States, from 2000 through 2012.Gastroenterology. 2016;
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: recent trends in the United States.Gastroenterology. 2004; 127: S27-S34
- Trends in alcohol consumption in Europe and their impact on major alcohol-related cancers.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2014; 23: 319-322
- Cancer prevention in Europe: the Mediterranean diet as a protective choice.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2013; 22: 90-95
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in Italian patients with cirrhosis.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 675-680
- Liver cirrhosis and the risk of primary liver cancer.Eur J Cancer Prev. 1998; 7: 315-320
- History of cirrhosis and risk of digestive tract neoplasms.Ann Oncol. 2005; 16: 1551-1555
- Liver cirrhosis mortality in Europe, with special attention to Central and Eastern Europe.Eur Addict Res. 2010; 16: 193-201
- Worldwide mortality from cirrhosis: an update to 2002.J Hepatol. 2007; 46: 827-839
- Increased survival of cirrhotic patients with a hepatocellular carcinoma detected during surveillance.Gastroenterology. 2004; 126: 1005-1014
- Overweight and obesity in 16 European countries.Eur J Nutr. 2015; 54: 679-689
- Predicted effects of treatment for HCV infection vary among European countries.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 974-985e914
- Survival in patients with primary liver cancer, gallbladder and extrahepatic biliary tract cancer and pancreatic cancer in Europe 1999–2007: Results of EUROCARE-5.Eur J Cancer. 2015;
- Therapy of hepatitis C- back to the future.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 2043-2047