- •An all oral, once-daily, RBV-free, pangenotypic HCV treatment option is described.
- •8- or 12-week treatment with glecaprevir + pibrentasvir yielded high rates of SVR12.
- •Treatment was well-tolerated with a favorable safety profile.
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The present and future disease burden of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection with today's treatment paradigm.J Viral Hepatitis. 2014; 21: 34-59
- Global distribution and prevalence of hepatitis C virus genotypes.Hepatology. 2015; 61: 77-87
- Global epidemiology and genotype distribution of the hepatitis C virus infection.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: S45-S57
- Review article: HCV genotype 3 - the new treatment challenge.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014; 39: 686-698
- EPCLUSA (sofosbuvir and velpatasvir) [package insert].Foster City, CA2016
- Direct-acting antivirals for the treatment of hepatitis C virus infection: optimizing current IFN-free treatment and future perspectives.Liver Int. 2016; 36: 47-57
- New hepatitis C therapies: the toolbox, strategies, and challenges.Gastroenterology. 2014; 146: 1176-1192
- Ann Intern Med. 2015; https://doi.org/10.7326/M7315-0785
- The impact of hepatitis C burden: an evidence-based approach.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014; 39: 518-531
- Potent antiviral activities of the direct-acting antivirals ABT-493 and ABT-530 with three-day monotherapy for hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 60: 1546-1555
- In vitro antiviral activity and resistance profile of the next generation hepatitis C virus NS5A inhibitor pibrentasvir.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;
- High efficacy of ABT-493 and ABT-530 in patients with HCV genotype 1 or 3 infection and compensated cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2016;
- Potent antiviral activity of direct-acting antivirals, ABT-493 and ABT-530, with 3-day monotherapy for hepatitis C genotype 1 infection.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015;
- Comparison of daclatasvir resistance barriers on NS5A from hepatitis C virus genotypes 1 to 6: implications for cross-genotype activity.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014; 58: 5155-5163
OLYSIO (simeprevir) [package insert]. Janssen Therapeutics. Titusville, NJ2013.
- In vitro antiviral activity and resistance profile characterization of the hepatitis C virus NS5A inhibitor ledipasvir.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016; 60: 1847-1853
- Natural prevalence of NS5A polymorphisms in subjects infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 3 and their effects on the antiviral activity of NS5A inhibitors.J Clin Virol. 2013; 57: 13-18
- Susceptibilities of genotype 1a, 1b, and 3 hepatitis C virus variants to the NS5A inhibitor elbasvir.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 59: 6922-6929
Administration FaD. Division of Antiviral Products Virology Review, NDA 208341. 2015.
- In vitro and in vivo antiviral activity and resistance profile of ombitasvir, an inhibitor of HCV NS5A.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014;
- High SVRRates with ABT-493 + ABT-530 co-administered for 8 weeks in non-cirrhotic patients with HCV genotype 3 infection.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 183-212
Hassanein T, Wyles, D., Wang, S. et al. Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Demonstrates High SVR Rates in Patients with HCV Genotype 2, 4, 5, or 6 Infection without Cirrhosis Following an 8-Week Treatment Duration: SURVEYOR-II, Part 4.). Paper presented at: The Liver Meeting 2016; Boston, MA.