- •DAAs are effective as treatment for HCV infection.
- •All stages of fibrosis can be treated effectively.
- •All countries are embarking on a global effort to eliminate HCV.
Background and Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hepatology
Author names in bold designate shared co-first authorship
- Economic burden of hepatitis C in Egypt: the future impact of highly effective therapies.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 42: 696-706
- The prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection in Egypt 2015: implications for future policy on prevention and treatment.Liver Int. 2017; 37: 45-53
- Global epidemiology and genotype distribution of the hepatitis C virus.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: S45-S57
- Hepatitis C virus seroprevalence in adults in Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Viral Hepat. 2016; 23: 244-255
- Sofosbuvir for previously untreated chronic hepatitis C infection.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1878-1887
- Perspectives and challenges of interferon-free therapy for chronic hepatitis C.J Hepatol. 2013; 58: 583-592
- Sofosbuvir-based treatment regimens: real life results of 14 409 chronic HCV genotype 4 patients in Egypt.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 45: 681-687
Donald GM. Curing Hepatitis C, in an Experiment the Size of Egypt. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/16/health/hepatitis-c-treatment-egypt.html.
- National treatment programme of hepatitis C in Egypt: Hepatitis C virus model of care.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 262-267
- Sofosbuvir plus ribavirin for treating Egyptian patients with hepatitis C genotype 4.J Hepatol. 2015; 63: 581-585
- Real-life results of sofosbuvir based therapy for Egyptian patients with hepatitis C and advanced fibrosis-cirrhosis.EASL, Barcelona2016
- Simeprevir plus sofosbuvir for eight or 12 weeks in treatment-naive and treatment-experienced hepatitis C virus genotype 4 patients with or without cirrhosis.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 102-110
- Transient elastography (FibroScan).Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2008; 32: 58-67
- The present and future disease burden of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection with today's treatment paradigm.J Viral Hepat. 2014; 21: 34-59
- The current and future disease burden of chronic hepatitis C virus infection in Egypt.Arab J Gastroenterol. 2014; 15: 45-52
- Strategies to manage hepatitis C virus (HCV) disease burden.J Viral Hepat. 2014; 21: 60-89
- Real life Egyptian experience of efficacy and safety of Simeprevir Sofosbuvir therapy in 6211 chronic HCV genotype IV infected patients.Liver Int. 2017; 37: 534-541
- EASL Recommendations on Treatment of Hepatitis C 2016, Summary, European Association for the Study of the Liver.J Hepatol. 2016; 2017: 153-194
- Sofosbuvir plus ribavirin for the treatment of chronic genotype 4 hepatitis C virus infection in patients of Egyptian ancestry.J Hepatol. 2015; 62: 1040-1046
- Safety and efficacy of direct-acting antivirals for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in a real-world population aged 65 years and older.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 454-463
- Effectiveness, safety and clinical outcomes of direct-acting antiviral therapy in HCV genotype 1 infection: Results from a Spanish real-world cohort.J Hepatol. 2017; 66: 1138-1148
- Real-world effectiveness of ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir ± dasabuvir ± ribavirin in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 1 or 4 infection: A meta-analysis.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 936-943
- Effectiveness of ledipasvir-sofosbuvir combination in patients with hepatitis C virus infection and factors associated with sustained virologic response.Gastroenterology. 2016; 151: 1131-1140
- Effectiveness of simeprevir plus sofosbuvir, with or without ribavirin, in real-world patients with HCV genotype 1 infection.Gastroenterology. 2016; 150: 419-429
- All-oral direct-acting antiviral therapy in HCV-advanced liver disease is effective in real-world practice: observations through HCV-TARGET database.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 45: 115-126
- Real-world experience with the all-oral, interferon-free regimen of ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir and dasabuvir for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection in the German Hepatitis C Registry.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 840-849
- High efficacy of Sofosbuvir plus Simeprevir in a large cohort of Spanish cirrhotic patients infected with genotypes 1 and 4.Liver Int. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1111/liv.13470
- Daclatasvir with sofosbuvir and ribavirin for hepatitis C virus infection with advanced cirrhosis or post-liver transplantation recurrence.Hepatology. 2016; 63: 1493-1505
- Daclatasvir plus Sofosbuvir for HCV in Patients Coinfected with HIV-1.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 714-725
- Impact of direct acting antiviral therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C and decompensated cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2016; 64: 1224-1231
- Do directly acting antiviral agents for HCV increase the risk of hepatic decompensation and decline in renal function? Results from ERCHIVES.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 45: 150-159
- Lactic acidosis in patients with hepatitis C virus cirrhosis and combined ribavirin/sofosbuvir treatment.J Hepatol. 2016; 64: 790-799
AASLD/IDSA: HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C: Unique Populations: Patients with Decompensated Cirrhosis. Available at: http://www.hcvguidelines.org/unique-populations/decompensated-cirrhosis.