- •A prognostic score for post-TARE survival in patients with HCC and PVTT is proposed.
- •Bilirubin, PVTT extension and tumor burden were independently related to survival.
- •The combination of these factors enabled identification of three prognostic categories.
- •The proposed prognostic categorization may allow better treatment allocation.
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hepatology
- Hepatocellular carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1118-1127
- Global cancer incidence and mortality rates and trends–an update.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016; 25: 16-27
- Novel advancements in the management of hepatocellular carcinoma in 2008.J Hepatol. 2008; 48: S20-S37
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.Dig Dis. 2016; 34: 597-602
- EASL-EORTC clinical practice guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatol. 2012; 56: 908-943
- Evolving strategies for the management of intermediate-stage hepatocellular carcinoma: available evidence and expert opinion on the use of transarterial chemoembolization.Cancer Treat Rev. 2011; 37: 212-220
- Sorafenib in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 378-390
- Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients in the Asia-Pacific region with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: a phase III randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2009; 10: 25-34
- Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: subanalyses of a phase III trial.J Hepatol. 2012; 57: 821-829
- Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma according to baseline status: subset analyses of the phase III Sorafenib Asia-Pacific trial.Eur J Cancer. 2012; 48: 1452-1465
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma: an update.Hepatology. 2011; 53: 1020-1022
- Asia-Pacific clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: a 2017 update.Hepatol Int. 2017; 11: 317-370
- Inducing tolerability of adverse events increases sorafenib exposure and optimizes patient's outcome in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.Liver Int. 2016; 36: 1033-1042
- Adjuvant sorafenib for hepatocellular carcinoma after resection or ablation (STORM): a phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 1344-1354
- Research reporting standards for radioembolization of hepatic malignancies.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2011; 22: 265-278
- Yttrium 90 radioembolization for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: biological lessons, current challenges, and clinical perspectives.Hepatology. 2013; 58: 2188-2197
- Safety and efficacy of 90Y radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with and without portal vein thrombosis.Hepatology. 2008; 47: 71-81
- Radioembolization with yttrium-90 glass microspheres in hepatocellular carcinoma: European experience on safety and long-term survival.Hepatology. 2010; 52: 1741-1749
- Radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma using Yttrium-90 microspheres: a comprehensive report of long-term outcomes.Gastroenterology. 2010; 138: 52-64
- Survival after yttrium-90 resin microsphere radioembolization of hepatocellular carcinoma across Barcelona clinic liver cancer stages: a European evaluation.Hepatology. 2011; 54: 868-878
- Yttrium-90 radioembolization for intermediate-advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: a phase 2 study.Hepatology. 2013; 57: 1826-1837
Vilgrain V, Bouattour M, Sibert A, Lebtahi R, Ronot M, Pageaux G-P, et al. SARAH: a randomised controlled trial comparing efficacy and safety of selective internal radiation therapy (with yttrium-90 microspheres) and sorafenib in patients with locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma, 66 ed 2017. p. S85–S86.
Chow PHW, Gandhi M, Asia-Pacific Hepatocellular Carcinoma Trials Group. Phase III multi-centre open-label randomized controlled trial of selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) vs. sorafenib in locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: The SIRveNIB study. 2017. p. 4002.
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- A model to predict poor survival in patients undergoing transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts.Hepatology. 2000; 31: 864-871
- Assessment of liver function in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a new evidence-based approach-the ALBI grade.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 550-558
- Radioembolization of hepatocarcinoma with (90)Y glass microspheres: development of an individualized treatment planning strategy based on dosimetry and radiobiology.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2015; 42: 1718-1738
- Radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein thrombosis: impact of liver function on systemic treatment options at disease progression.J Hepatol. 2013; 58: 73-80
- NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: hepatobiliary cancers.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2009; 7: 350-391
- Radioembolization with use of yttrium-90 resin microspheres in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein thrombosis.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010; 21: 1205-1212
- Yttrium-90 radioembolization vs sorafenib for intermediate-locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: a cohort study with propensity score analysis.Liver Int. 2015; 35: 1036-1047
- A comparison of survival in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein invasion treated by radioembolization or sorafenib.Liver Int. 2016; 36: 1206-1212
- Treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombosis: the emerging role for radioembolization using yttrium-90.Oncology. 2013; 84: 311-318
- Efficacy of radioembolization according to tumor morphology and portal vein thrombosis in intermediate-advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.Future Oncol. 2015; 11: 3133-3142
- Surgical treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombus.Ann Surg Oncol. 2010; 17: 2073-2080
- Survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma treated by transarterial chemoembolisation (TACE) using Drug Eluting Beads. Implications for clinical practice and trial design.J Hepatol. 2012; 56: 1330-1335
- Drug-eluting beads vs. conventional chemoembolization for the treatment of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 31: 645-653
- Heterogeneity of patients with intermediate (BCLC B) Hepatocellular Carcinoma: proposal for a subclassification to facilitate treatment decisions.Semin Liver Dis. 2012; 32: 348-359
- High impact of macroaggregated albumin-based tumour dose on response and overall survival in hepatocellular carcinoma patients treated with (90) Y-loaded glass microsphere radioembolization.Liver Int. 2017; 37: 101-110