- •We identified 5 recipient factors in HCV negative transplant recipients associated with significant morbidity and mortality.
- •Graft survival within 5 years based on points (any combination) was 77.2% (0–4), 69.1% (5–8) and 57.9% (>8).
- •In recipients with >8 points, graft survival was 42% (MELD <25) and 50% (MELD 25–35) if donors had donor risk index ≥1.7.
- •Recipients with ≥5 points: longer hospitalization, more rehab admissions, higher incidence of cardiac disease and CKD.
Background and Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- OPTN/SRTR 2011 Annual Data Report: liver.Am J Transplant. 2013; 13: 73-102
- OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Liver.Am J Transplant. 2017; 17: 174-251
- The changing liver transplant waitlist: an emerging liver purgatory?.Gastroenterology. 2015; 148: 493-496
- Frequency and outcomes of liver transplantation for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in the United States.Gastroenterology. 2011; 141: 1249-1253
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis is the second leading etiology of liver disease among adults awaiting liver transplantation in the United States.Gastroenterology. 2015; 148: 547-555
- Analysis of liver transplant outcomes for United Network for Organ Sharing recipients 60 years old or older identifies multiple model for end-stage liver disease-independent prognostic factors.Liver Transpl. 2010; 16: 950-959
- End-stage liver disease candidates at the highest model for end-stage liver disease scores have higher wait-list mortality than status-1A candidates.Hepatology. 2012; 55: 192-198
- Survival outcomes following liver transplantation (SOFT) score: a novel method to predict patient survival following liver transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2008; 8: 2537-2546
- Liver transplantation in highest acuity recipients: identifying factors to avoid futility.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 1186-1194
- Assessing variation in the costs of care among patients awaiting liver transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2014; 14: 70-78
- Survival benefit-based deceased-donor liver allocation.Am J Transplant. 2009; 9: 970-981
- The impact of disease recurrence on graft survival following liver transplantation: a single centre experience.Transpl Int. 2008; 21: 459-465
- Stage of cirrhosis predicts the risk of liver-related death in patients with low Model for End-Stage Liver Disease scores and cirrhosis awaiting liver transplantation.Liver Transpl. 2014; 20: 1193-1201
- MELD and prediction of post-liver transplantation survival.Liver Transpl. 2006; 12: 440-447
- Outcomes for liver transplant candidates listed with low model for end-stage liver disease score.Liver Transpl. 2015; 21: 1403-1409
- Presentation of multivariate data for clinical use: The Framingham Study risk score functions.Stat Med. 2004; 23: 1631-1660
- The economic implications of broader sharing of liver allografts.Am J Transplant. 2011; 11: 798-807
- The economic impact of the utilization of liver allografts with high donor risk index.Am J Transplant. 2007; 7: 990-997
- Chronic kidney disease and associated mortality after liver transplantation - A time-dependent analysis using measured glomerular filtration rate.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: 286-292
- Performance of creatinine-based GFR estimating equations in solid-organ transplant recipients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 63: 1007-1018
Assessing Current Policies and the Potential Impact of the DHHS Final Rule. In: Committee on Organ Procurement and Transplantation Policy O, Transplantation. Pa, editors. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- An examination of liver offers to candidates on the liver transplant wait-list.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 1261-1265
- Is donor service area market competition associated with organ procurement organization performance?.Transplantation. 2015; 100: 1349-1355
- Center variation in graft failure rates is larger for simultaneous liver kidney transplantation than liver transplantation alone.Liver Transpl. 2014; 20 (S278–S278)
- Impact of the center on graft failure after liver transplantation.Liver Transpl. 2013; 19: 957-964