- •mPGES-1/PGE2/EP4 pathway is enhanced during hepatic I/R.
- •Recruitment of mPGES-1+Ly6Chigh -macrophages delays liver repair.
- •EP4 signaling directs macrophages into a pro-inflammatory phenotype.
- •mPGES-1 inhibitor attenuates liver injury and promotes liver repair.
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Protective strategies against ischemic injury of the liver.Gastroenterology. 2003; 125: 917-936
- Biological modulation of liver ischemia-reperfusion injury.Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2010; 15: 183-189
- Regulatory mechanisms of injury and repair after hepatic ischemia/reperfusion.Scientifica. 2012; 2012: 513192
- Cyclooxygenase-2: its rich diversity of roles and possible application of its selective inhibitors.Inflamm Res. 2000; 49: 367-392
- Membrane prostaglandin E synthase-1: a novel therapeutic target.Pharmacol Rev. 2007; 59: 207-224
- Deletion of microsomal prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) synthase-1 reduces inducible and basal PGE2 production and alters the gastric prostanoid profile.J Biol Chem. 2004; 279: 23229-23237
- Microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 is a critical factor of stroke-reperfusion injury.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006; 103: 11790-11795
- Cyclooxygenase-2 deficiency enhances Th2 immune responses and impairs neutrophil recruitment in hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury.J Immunol. 2008; 180: 1843-1853
- Experimental study of the effect of intraportal prostaglandin E1 on hepatic blood flow during reperfusion after ischaemia and hepatectomy.Br J Surg. 1999; 86: 776-783
- Significance and therapeutic potential of prostaglandin E-2 receptor in hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice.Hepatology. 2005; 42: 608-617
- An EP2 receptor-selective prostaglandin E2 agonist induces bone healing.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003; 100: 6736-6740
- Prostaglandin E2 activates YAP and a positive-signaling loop to promote colon regeneration following colitis but also carcinogenesis in mice.Gastroenterology. 2017; 152: 616-630
- On the mechanisms of the growth-promoting effect of prostaglandins in hepatocytes: the relationship between stimulation of DNA synthesis and signaling mediated by adenylyl cyclase and phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C.J Cell Physiol. 1995; 164: 465-473
- TISSUE REGENERATION. Inhibition of the prostaglandin-degrading enzyme 15-PGDH potentiates tissue regeneration.Science. 2015; 348: aaa2340
- Lipopolysaccharide-dependent prostaglandin E2 production is regulated by the glutathione-dependent prostaglandin E2 synthase gene induced by the Toll-like receptor 4/MyD88/NF-IL6 pathway.J Immunol. 2002; 168: 5811-5816
- Patent ductus arteriosus and neonatal death in prostaglandin receptor EP4-deficient mice.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998; 246: 7-12
- Leukotriene B4 type-1 receptor signaling promotes liver repair after hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury through the enhancement of macrophage recruitment.FASEB J. 2013; 27: 3132-3143
- Structure-based discovery of inhibitors of microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1, 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein: promising hits for the development of new anti-inflammatory agents.J Med Chem. 2011; 54: 1565-1575
- Mechanisms of liver injury. II. Mechanisms of neutrophil-induced liver cell injury during hepatic ischemia-reperfusion and other acute inflammatory conditions.Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006; 290: G1083-G1088
- Prostaglandin E receptors.J Biol Chem. 2007; 282: 11613-11617
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 signaling promotes liver repair through restoration of liver microvasculature after acetaminophen hepatotoxicity.Toxicol Sci. 2011; 120: 218-229
- VEGFR1-positive macrophages facilitate liver repair and sinusoidal reconstruction after hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e105533
- Macrophage heterogeneity in liver injury and fibrosis.J Hepatol. 2014; 60: 1090-1096
- Hepatic macrophages in homeostasis and liver diseases: from pathogenesis to novel therapeutic strategies.Cell Mol Immunol. 2016; 13: 316-327
- Infiltrating monocyte-derived macrophages and resident kupffer cells display different ontogeny and functions in acute liver injury.J Immunol. 2014; 193: 344-353
- A dynamic spectrum of monocytes arising from the in situ reprogramming of CCR2+ monocytes at a site of sterile injury.J Exp Med. 2015; 212: 447-456
- Innate immune cell trafficking and function during sterile inflammation of the liver.Gastroenterology. 2016; 151: 1087-1095
- Chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 2-positive monocytes aggravate the early phase of acetaminophen-induced acute liver injury.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 1667-1682
- The induction of pro-IL-1β by lipopolysaccharide requires endogenous prostaglandin E(2) production.J Immunol. 2017; 198: 3558-3564
- Microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 deletion leads to adverse left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1701-1710
- MPGES-1-derived PGE2 contributes to adriamycin-induced podocyte injury.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016; 310: F492-F498
- Targeted prostaglandin E2 inhibition enhances antiviral immunity through induction of type I interferon and apoptosis in macrophages.Immunity. 2014; 40: 554-568
- Prostaglandin E2-EP4 signaling promotes immune inflammation through TH1 cell differentiation and TH17 cell expansion.Nat Med. 2009; 15: 633-640
- A novel antagonist of the prostaglandin E2 EP4 receptor inhibits Th1 differentiation and Th17 expansion and is orally active in arthritis models.Br J Pharmacol. 2010; 160: 292-310
- Pharmacological activation of the prostaglandin E2 receptor EP4 improves cardiac function after myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury.Cardiovasc Res. 2009; 81: 123-132