- •Patients with normal on-treatment ALT after antiviral treatment had lower risk of hepatic events.
- •Adjusted hazard ratios for normal on-treatment ALT at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months were 0.61, 0.54, 0.53 and 0.50 respectively.
- •Similar findings were identified using AASLD, APASL or local laboratory criteria for normal ALT.
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Author names in bold designate shared co-first authorship
- EASL 2017 clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatitis B virus infection.J Hepatol. 2017; 67: 370-998
- Asian-Pacific clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatitis B: a 2015 update.Hepatol Int. 2016; 10: 1-98
- AASLD guidelines for treatment of chronic hepatitis B.Hepatology. 2016; 63: 261-283
- Risk factors for active liver disease in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B virus-infected patients.Am J Gastroenterol. 2000; 95: 3547-3551
- Evaluation of alanine transaminase and hepatitis B virus DNA to predict liver cirrhosis in hepatitis B e antigen-negative chronic hepatitis B using transient elastography.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 3071-3081
- Accuracy of risk scores for patients with chronic hepatitis B receiving entecavir treatment.Gastroenterology. 2013; 144: 933-944
- Tenofovir alafenamide vs. tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for the treatment of patients with HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 1: 196-206
- Tenofovir alafenamide vs. tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for the treatment of HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3, non-inferiority trial.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 1: 185-195
- Tenofovir alafenamide: a review in chronic hepatitis B.Drugs. 2017; 77: 1017-1028
- Regression of cirrhosis during treatment with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for chronic hepatitis B: a 5-year open-label follow-up study.Lancet. 2013; 381: 468-475
- Undetectable HBV DNA at month 12 of entecavir treatment predicts maintained viral suppression and HBeAg-seroconversion in chronic hepatitis B patients at 3 years.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2012; 35: 1326-1335
- A phase 3 study comparing tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in patients with HBeAg-positive, chronic hepatitis B (CHB): efficacy and safety results at 96 weeks.J Hepatol. 2017; 66: S478
- Hepatitis B virus infection and fatty liver in the general population.J Hepatol. 2012; 56: 533-540
- Development Journey of Clinical Data Analysis and Reporting System (CDARS) in Hospital Authority of Hong Kong.MEDINFO. 2010; 1468
- Impact of age and gender on risk of hepatocellular carcinoma after hepatitis B surface antigen seroclearance.J Hepatol. 2017; 67: 902-908
- Entecavir treatment reduces hepatic events and deaths in chronic hepatitis B patients with liver cirrhosis.Hepatology. 2013;
- Laboratory parameter-based machine learning model for excluding non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in the general population.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 46: 447-456
- Statins reduce the risk of liver decompensation and death in chronic viral hepatitis: a propensity score weighted landmark analysis.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 46: 1001-1010
- PAGE-B predicts the risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma in Caucasians with chronic hepatitis B on 5-year antiviral therapy.J Hepatol. 2016; 64: 800-806
- Clinical scoring system to predict hepatocellular carcinoma in chronic hepatitis B carriers.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1660-1665
- De Ritis ratio as diagnostic marker of alcoholic liver disease.Nepal Med Coll J. 2006; 8: 40-42
- Surrogate end points and long-term outcome in patients with chronic hepatitis B.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 7: 1113-1120
- Features of the metabolic syndrome are associated with lack of serum ALT normalization during therapy for chronic hepatitis B.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 914-915
- Correlation of early biochemical and virologic responses during oral antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis B.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 917A
- Coincidental metabolic syndrome increases the risk of liver fibrosis progression in patients with chronic hepatitis B–a prospective cohort study with paired transient elastography examinations.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014; 39: 883-893
- Metabolic syndrome increases the risk of liver cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B.Gut. 2009; 58: 111-117
- Metabolic syndrome increases cardiovascular events but not hepatic events and death in patients with chronic hepatitis B.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 1507-1517
- Statin and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma and death in a hospital-based hepatitis B-infected population: a propensity score landmark analysis.J Hepatol. 2015; 63: 1190-1197