- •Among candidates with ACLF who are listed for liver transplantation, MELD score and ACLF interact in predicting cumulative risk of 90-day waitlist mortality.
- •The impact of ACLF grade on 90-day waitlist mortality is much higher at lower listing MELD score, especially below 25.
- •A validated novel score using MELD score and ACLF grade at listing provides an estimate of 90-day waitlist mortality.
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute-on-chronic liver failure in cirrhosis.Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2016; 2: 16041
- Acute on chronic liver failure in non-alcoholic fatty liver and alcohol associated liver disease.Transl Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 4: 74
- Acute-on-Chronic liver failure: a distinct clinical condition.Semin Liver Dis. 2016; 36: 107-108
- Prevalence and short-term mortality of acute-on-chronic liver failure: a national cohort study from the USA.J Hepatol. 2019; 70: 639-647
- Increasing burden of acute-on-chronic liver failure among alcohol-associated liver disease in the young population in the United States.Am J Gastroenterol. 2020; 115: 88-95
- Incidence and mortality of acute-on-chronic liver failure using two definitions in patients with compensated cirrhosis.Hepatology. 2019; 69: 2150-2163
- Acute-on-chronic liver failure is a distinct syndrome that develops in patients with acute decompensation of cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2013; 144 (1426-1437, 1437 e1421-1429)
- Factors associated with survival of patients with severe acute-on-chronic liver failure before and after liver transplantation.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 1381-1391 e1383
- Acute-on-chronic liver failure: excellent outcomes after liver transplantation but high mortality on the wait list.Liver Transpl. 2013; 19: 879-886
- Adult living donor liver transplantation for acute-on-chronic liver failure in high-model for end-stage liver disease score patients.Am J Transpl. 2017; 17: 1833-1842
- Impact of acute-on-chronic liver failure on 90-day mortality following a first liver transplantation.Liver Int. 2017; 37: 684-693
- Primary biliary cirrhosis has high wait-list mortality among patients listed for liver transplantation.Transpl Int. 2017; 30: 454-462
- Outcomes after listing for liver transplant in patients with acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF): the multicenter NACSELD experience.Liver Transpl. 2019;
- Evaluation for liver transplantation in adults: 2013 practice guideline by the American association for the study of liver diseases and the American society of transplantation.Hepatology. 2014; 59: 1144-1165
- A model to predict survival in patients with end-stage liver disease.Hepatology. 2001; 33: 464-470
- Development and validation of a prognostic score to predict mortality in patients with acute-on-chronic liver failure.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: 1038-1047
- Validation of CLIF-C ACLF score to define a threshold for futility of intensive care support for patients with acute-on-chronic liver failure.Crit Care. 2018; 22: 254
- Dynamic prognostication in critically ill cirrhotic patients with multiorgan failure in ICUs in Europe and north America: a multicenter analysis.Crit Care Med. 2018; 46: 1783-1791
- Outcomes of liver transplant recipients with acute-on-chronic liver failure based on EASL-CLIF consortium definition: a single-center study.Transpl Direct. 2020; 6: e544
- Outcome after liver transplantation for cirrhosis due to alcohol and hepatitis C: comparison to alcoholic cirrhosis and hepatitis C cirrhosis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2013; 47: 727-733
- Patients with acute on chronic liver failure grade 3 have greater 14-day waitlist mortality than status-1a patients.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2019; 70: 334-345
- Patients with severe acute-on-chronic liver failure are disadvantaged by model for end-stage liver disease-based organ allocation policy.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2020;
- Hepatic encephalopathy is associated with mortality in patients with cirrhosis independent of other extrahepatic organ failures.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 565-574 e564
- Clinical Course of acute-on-chronic liver failure syndrome and effects on prognosis.Hepatology. 2015; 62: 243-252
- Alcohol-related acute-on-chronic liver failure-Comparison of various prognostic scores in predicting outcome.Indian J Gastroenterol. 2018; 37: 50-57
- Model for end-stage liver disease-lactate and prediction of inpatient mortality in patients with chronic liver disease.Hepatology. 2020;
- HDL-related biomarkers are robust predictors of survival in patients with chronic liver failure.J Hepatol. 2020;
- Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte ratio predicts death in acute-on-chronic liver failure patients admitted to the intensive care unit: a retrospective cohort study.Shock. 2018; 49: 385-392