- •48 weeks of bulevirtide 2 mg/day monotherapy was safe in patients with compensated cirrhosis and clinically significant portal hypertension.
- •Virological, biochemical, and combined responses were achieved in 78%, 83% and 67% of patients, respectively.
- •BLV treatment led to a significant improvement in most biochemical variables and an increase in liver function parameters.
- •Treatment was safe and well tolerated, an asymptomatic increase of bile acids was observed.
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The global prevalence of Hepatitis D virus infection: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Hepatol. 2020; 73: 523-532
- Estimating the global prevalence, disease progression, and clinical outcome of hepatitis Delta virus infection.J Infect Dis. 2020; 221: 1677-1687
- The changing context of hepatits D.J Hepatol. 2021; 74: 1200-1211
- EASL 2017 clinical practice guidelines on the management of hepatitis B virus infection.J Hepatol. 2017; 67: 370-398
- Hepatitis D virus in 2021: virology, immunology and new treatment approaches for a difficult-to-treat disease.Gut. 2021; 70: 1782-1794
- Endpoints and new options for treatment of chronic hepatitis D.Hepatology. 2021; 74: 3479-3485
- Treating chronic hepatitis Delta: the need for surrogate markers of treatment efficacy.J Hepatol. 2019; 70: 1008-1015
- Final results of a multicenter, open-label phase 2b clinical trial to assess safety and efficacy of Myrcludex B in combination with Tenofovir in patients with chronic HBV/HDV co-infection.J Hepatol. 2018; 68: S3
- 48 weeks of high dose (10 mg) Bulevirtide as monotherapy or with Peginterferon alfa-2a in patients with chronic HBV/HDV coinfection.J Hepatol. 2020; 73: S52
- Safety and efficacy of Bulevirtide monotherapy and in combination with Peginterferon alfa-2a in patients with chronic Hepatitis Delta: 24-week interim data of MYR204 Phase 2b study.J Hepatol. 2021; 75: S291
- Efficacy and safety of bulevirtide monotherapy given at 2 mg or 10 mg dose level once daily for treatment of chronic hepatitis delta: week 48 primary end point results from a phase 3 randomized, multicenter, parallel design study.J Hepatol. 2022; 77: S4
- Strong intrahepatic decline of Hepatitis D virus RNA and antigen after 48 weeks of treatment with bulevirtide in chronic HBV/HDV co-infected patients: interim results from a multicenter, open-label, randomized phase 3 clinical trial (MYR301).Hepatology. 2021; 74: S148A
- Excellent safety and effectiveness of high-dose Myrcludex-B monotherapy administered for 48 weeks in HDV-related compensated cirrhosis: a case report of 3 patients.J Hepatol. 2019; 71: 834-839
- Early virological response in six patients with Hepatitis D virus infection and compensated cirrhosis treated with Bulevirtide in real-life.Liver Int. 2021; 41: 1509-1517
- Safety and effectiveness of up to 3 years' bulevirtide monotherapy in patients with HDV-related cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2022; 76: 464-469
- Treatment with Bulevirtide in patients with chronic HBV/HDV coinfection. Safety and efficacy at month 18 in real-world settings.J Hepatol. 2022; 77: S840
- Response-guided long-term treatment of chronic hepatitis D patients with bulevirtide-results of a "real world" study.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2022; 56: 144-154
- Elastography, spleen size, and platelet count identify portal hypertension in patients with compensated cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2013; 144: 102-111
- Competing risks and prognostic stages of cirrhosis: a 25-year inception cohort study of 494 patients.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014; 39: 1180-1193
- Expanding consensus in portal hypertension: report of the Baveno VI Consensus Workshop: stratifying risk and individualizing care for portal hypertension.J Hepatol. 2015; 63: 743-752
- Asociacion Latinoamericana para el Estudio del Higado. EASL-ALEH clinical practice guidelines: non-invasive tests for evaluation of liver disease severity and prognosis.J Hepatol. 2015; 63: 237-264
- Noninvasive detection of clinically significant portal hypertension in compensated advanced chronic liver disease.Clin Liver Dis. 2021; 25: 253-289
- EASL clinical practice guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatol. 2018; 69: 182-236
- Determination of reliability criteria for liver stiffness evaluation by transient elastography.Hepatology. 2013; 57: 1182-1191
- Performance of a novel automated assay for the detection and quantification of HBV pregenomic RNA/circulating RNAs in chronic HBV patients.Hepatology. 2020; 72: S447A
- Public Policy Committee of the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease. Serum activity of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) as an indicator of health and disease.Hepatology. 2008; 47: 1363-1370
- Biomarkers for Hepatitis B virus replication: an overview and a look to the future.Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 14: 1131-1139
- Serum Hepatitis B core-related antigen (HBcrAg) correlates with covalently closed circular DNA transcriptional activity in chronic Hepatitis B patients.J Hepatol. 2019; 70: 615-625
- Comparison of HBV RNA and Hepatitis B core related antigen with conventional HBV markers among untreated adults with chronic Hepatitis B in North America.Hepatology. 2021; 74: 2395-2409
- Cross-sectional study of serum HBV RNA and HBcrAg in a real-life prospective cohort of 1500 chronic Hepatitis B patients followed in France and Italy.Hepatology. 2021; 74: S1408-S1409A
- Divergent patterns of HDV-RNA and HBcrAg levels in chronic hepatitis Delta untreated patients: a large European cross-sectional study.Hepatology. 2021; 74: S419A
Author names in bold designate shared co-first authorship