- •Post-treatment LSM/platelet count can be used to estimate the probability of CSPH and predict clinical outcomes in cACLD.
- •Patients with cACLD and LSM <12 kPa & PLT >150 G/L (CSPH-excluded; no decompensation risk) may not require portal hypertension surveillance.
- •Patients with cACLD and LSM ≥25 kPa require surveillance/treatment (CSPH-ruled-in; increased decompensation risk).
Background & Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevention of first decompensation in advanced chronic liver disease.Clin Liver Dis. 2021; 25: 291-310
- Beta blockers to prevent decompensation of cirrhosis in patients with clinically significant portal hypertension (PREDESCI): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial.Lancet (London, England). 2019; 393: 1597-1608
- Interferon-free regimens for chronic hepatitis C overcome the effects of portal hypertension on virological responses.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 42: 707-718
- Association between severe portal hypertension and risk of liver decompensation in patients with hepatitis C, regardless of response to antiviral therapy.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol: Off Clin Pract J Am Gastroenterol Assoc. 2015; 13: 1846-1853.e1841
- Sustained virologic response to interferon-free therapies ameliorates HCV-induced portal hypertension.J Hepatol. 2016; 65: 692-699
- Effects of all-oral anti-viral therapy on HVPG and systemic hemodynamics in patients with hepatitis C virus-associated cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2017; 153: 1273-1283.e1271
- Changes in hepatic venous pressure gradient predict hepatic decompensation in patients who achieved sustained virologic response to interferon-free therapy.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2020; 71: 1023-1036
- Portal pressure and liver stiffness measurements in the prediction of fibrosis regression after sustained virological response in recurrent hepatitis C.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2018; 67: 1683-1694
- Persistence of clinically significant portal hypertension after eradication of hepatitis C virus in patients with advanced cirrhosis.Clin Infect Dis: Off Publ Infect Dis Soc Am. 2020; 71: 2726-2729
- Scaling up prevention and treatment towards the elimination of hepatitis C: a global mathematical model.Lancet (London, England). 2019; 393: 1319-1329
- The clinical use of HVPG measurements in chronic liver disease.Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 6: 573-582
- Measurement of the hepatic venous pressure gradient and transjugular liver biopsy.JoVE. 2020; : e58819
- Non-invasive risk stratification after HCV-eradication in patients with advanced chronic liver disease.Hepatology. 2021; 73: 1275-1289
- Noninvasive tools and risk of clinically significant portal hypertension and varices in compensated cirrhosis: the “Anticipate” study.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2016; 64: 2173-2184
- Noninvasive diagnostics for portal hypertension: a comprehensive review.Semin Liver Dis. 2020; 40: 240-255
- Expanding consensus in portal hypertension: report of the Baveno VI Consensus Workshop: stratifying risk and individualizing care for portal hypertension.J Hepatol. 2015; 63: 743-752
- Clinical outcome and hemodynamic changes following HCV eradication with oral antiviral therapy in patients with clinically significant portal hypertension.J Hepatol. 2020; 73: 1415-1424
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines (Cpgs) on non-invasive tests for evaluation of liver disease severity and prognosis- 2020 update.J Hepatol. 2021; 75: 659-689
- A prospective evaluation of pulmonary, systemic and hepatic haemodynamics in HIV-HCV-coinfected patients before and after antiviral therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin.Antivir Ther. 2012; 17: 1327-1334
- Interferon-free regimens improve portal hypertension and histological necroinflammation in HIV/HCV patients with advanced liver disease.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 45: 139-149
- Influence of sustained viral response on the regression of fibrosis and portal hypertension in cirrhotic HCV patients treated with antiviral triple therapy.Rev Esp Enferm Dig: organo oficial de la Sociedad Espanola de Patologia Digestiva. 2017; 109: 17-25
- Management of betablocked patients after sustained virological response in hepatitis C cirrhosis.World J Gastroenterol. 2019; 25: 2665-2674
- Effect of sustained viral response on hepatic venous pressure gradient in hepatitis C–related cirrhosis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007; 5: 932-937
- Antiviral therapy decreases hepatic venous pressure gradient in patients with chronic hepatitis C and advanced fibrosis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 2269-2274
- Effect of viral suppression on hepatic venous pressure gradient in hepatitis C with cirrhosis and portal hypertension.J Viral Hepat. 2017; 24: 823-831
- BAVENO VII - renewing consensus in portal hypertension: report of the Baveno VII Consensus Workshop: personalized care in portal hypertension.J Hepatol. 2022; 76: 959-974
- HCC risk stratification after cure of hepatitis C in patients with compensated advanced chronic liver disease.J Hepatol. 2022; 76: 812-821
- Repeated measures correlation.Front Psychol. 2017; 8
- Fitting linear mixed-effects models using lme4.J Stat Softw. 2015; 67: 1-48
- The coefficient of determination R(2) and intra-class correlation coefficient from generalized linear mixed-effects models revisited and expanded.J R Soc Interf. 2017; : 14
- Visualizing fit and lack of fit in complex regression models with predictor effect plots and partial residuals.J Stat Softw. 2018; 87: 1-27
- pROC: an open-source package for R and S+ to analyze and compare ROC curves.BMC Bioinformatics. 2011; 12: 77
- Is transient elastography needed for noninvasive assessment of high-risk varices? The REAL experience.Off J Am Coll Gastroenterol | ACG. 2019; 114: 1275-1282
- Regression of cirrhosis during treatment with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for chronic hepatitis B: a 5-year open-label follow-up study.Lancet (London, England). 2013; 381: 468-475
- Liver stiffness measurement predicts severe portal hypertension in patients with HCV-related cirrhosis.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2007; 45: 1290-1297
- Measurement of spleen stiffness to evaluate portal hypertension and the presence of esophageal varices in patients with HCV-related cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 646-654
- Non-selective beta-blockers improve the correlation of liver stiffness and portal pressure in advanced cirrhosis.J Gastroenterol. 2012; 47: 561-568
- The diagnostic accuracy of Fibroscan for cirrhosis is influenced by liver morphometry in HCV patients with a sustained virological response.J Hepatol. 2013; 59: 251-256
- Morphometry confirms fibrosis regression from sustained virologic response to direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis C.Hepatol Commun. 2018; 2: 1320-1330
- Hepatic venous pressure gradient predicts clinical decompensation in patients with compensated cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2007; 133: 481-488
Author names in bold designate shared co-first authorship.