- •CirrhoCare® achieved good patient engagement and positive user feedback for the remote home management of decompensated cirrhosis.
- •The system detects early signs of new decompensation and enables timely intervention.
- •Remotely managed patients had fewer admissions than controls and improved disease severity scores over 10 weeks.
- •CirrhoCare® may aid hepatologists with the early diagnosis of new post-discharge decompensations.
Background & Aims
Impact and implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The CLIF Consortium Acute Decompensation score (CLIF-C ADs) for prognosis of hospitalised cirrhotic patients without acute-on-chronic liver failure.J Hepatol. 2015; 62: 831-840
- Acute-on-chronic liver failure is a distinct syndrome that develops in patients with acute decompensation of cirrhosis.Gastroenterology. 2013; 144: 1426-1437
- The 3-month readmission rate remains unacceptably high in a large North American cohort of patients with cirrhosis.Hepatology. 2016; 64: 200-208
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of patients with decompensated cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2018; 69: 406-460
- The COVID-19 pandemic will have a long-lasting impact on the quality of cirrhosis care.J Hepatol. 2020; 73: 441-445
- Increased distance to a liver transplant center is associated with higher mortality for patients with chronic liver failure.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 958-960
- Use of video-based education and tele-health home monitoring after liver transplantation: results of a novel pilot study.Surgery. 2016; 160: 869-876
- Home monitoring and decision support for international liver transplant children.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2013; 192: 268-272
- Improving cirrhosis care: the potential for telemedicine and mobile health technologies.World J Gastroenterol. 2019; 25: 3849-3856
- A smartphone app to manage cirrhotic ascites among outpatients: feasibility study.JMIR Med Inform. 2020; 8e17770
- The Stroop smartphone application is a short and valid method to screen for minimal hepatic encephalopathy.Hepatology. 2013; 58: 1122-1132
- The patient buddy app can potentially prevent hepatic encephalopathy-related readmissions.Liver Int. 2017; 37: 1843-1851
- SQUIRE 2.0 (Standards for QUality Improvement Reporting Excellence): revised publication guidelines from a detailed consensus process.BMJ Qual Saf. 2016; 25: 986-992
- How to improve care in outpatients with cirrhosis and ascites: a new model of care coordination by consultant hepatologists.J Hepatol. 2013; 59: 257-264
- Efficacy of a chronic disease management model for patients with chronic liver failure.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 850-858
- Prevalence of medication discrepancies in patients with cirrhosis: a pilot study.BMC Gastroenterol. 2016; 16: 114
- Factors associated with medication adherence in patients living with cirrhosis.J Clin Nurs. 2016; 25: 204-212
- Attitudes towards digital health tools for outpatient cirrhosis management in patients with decompensated cirrhosis.BMJ Innov. 2020; 6: 18-25
- PREDICT identifies precipitating events associated with the clinical course of acutely decompensated cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2021; 74: 1097-1108
- Bacterial infections in cirrhosis: a position statement based on the EASL Special Conference 2013.J Hepatol. 2014; 60: 1310-1324
- Bacterial infections adversely influence the risk of decompensation and survival in compensated cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2021; 75: 589-599
Author names in bold designate shared co-first authorship.