- •The frequency of threshold growth, determined by Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System v2018 was 18.8%.
- •Threshold growth was significantly associated with HCC.
- •Use of threshold growth as a major feature improved the sensitivity for HCC.
Background & Aims
Impact and implications
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global, Regional, and National Cancer Incidence, Mortality, Years of Life Lost, Years Lived With Disability, and Disability-Adjusted Life-years for 32 Cancer Groups, 1990 to 2015: A Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study.JAMA Oncol. 2017; 3: 524-548
- The Barcelona approach: diagnosis, staging, and treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.Liver Transpl. 2004; 10: S115-S120
- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma: treatment success as defined by histologic examination of the explanted liver.Radiology. 2005; 234: 954-960
- Meta-analysis of the accuracy of Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System category 4 or 5 for diagnosing hepatocellular carcinoma.Gut. 2019; 68: 1719-1721
- Diagnostic Performance of Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System Version 2017 Versus Version 2018 for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2021;
Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System. American College of Radiology; 2018.
- MRI features of hepatocellular carcinoma related to biologic behavior.Korean J Radiol. 2015; 16: 449-464
- Serological and histological indices of hepatocellular carcinoma and tumor volume doubling time.Mol Clin Oncol. 2013; 1: 977-981
- Effect of threshold growth as a major feature on LI-RADS categorization.Abdom Radiol (NY). 2017; 42: 2089-2100
- Should Threshold Growth Be Considered a Major Feature in the Diagnosis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Using LI-RADS?.Korean J Radiol. 2021; 22: 1628-1639
- CT/MRI and CEUS LI-RADS Major Features Association with Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Individual Patient Data Meta-Analysis.Radiology. 2022; 302: 326-335
- New OPTN/UNOS policy for liver transplant allocation: standardization of liver imaging, diagnosis, classification, and reporting of hepatocellular carcinoma.Radiology. 2013; 266: 376-382
Choi JY, Ha J, Choi SH, Kang HJ, Kim SY, Kim KW. Comparison of gadoxetate disodium-enhanced MRI sequences for measuring hepatic observation size and its implication of LI-RADS classification. Abdom Radiol (NY) 2022.
- Comparison of the diagnostic performance of imaging criteria for HCCs ≤ 3.0 cm on gadoxetate disodium-enhanced MRI.Hepatol Int. 2020; 14: 534-543
- Combined computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging improves diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma ≤ 3.0 cm.Hepatol Int. 2021; 15: 676-684
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: Management of hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatol. 2018; 69: 182-236
- LI-RADS for MR Imaging Diagnosis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Performance of Major and Ancillary Features.Radiology. 2018; 288: 118-128
- LI-RADS for CT diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma: performance of major and ancillary features.Abdom Radiol (NY). 2019; 44: 517-528
- Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System Version 2018: Impact on Categorization and Hepatocellular Carcinoma Staging.Liver Transpl. 2019; 25: 1488-1502
- Differentiation of Hepatocellular Carcinoma from Other Hepatic Malignancies in Patients at Risk: Diagnostic Performance of the Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System Version 2014.Radiology. 2018; 286: 158-172
- Diagnostic performance of MRI using extracellular contrast agents versus gadoxetic acid for hepatocellular carcinoma: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Liver Int. 2021; 41: 1117-1128
- Comparison of LI-RADS 2018 and KLCA-NCC 2018 for noninvasive diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma using magnetic resonance imaging.Clin Mol Hepatol. 2020; 26: 340-351